Agenda Participation Initiative (API) is a non-profit organization which was found in 2000 known as AP2000. It became legally registered under the Non-governmental organization Act, 2002 of the Laws of Tanzania in the Ministry of Community Development, Gender and Children in 2018.
API is a governance advocacy and capacity building entity in Tanzania. It works to promote and empower broad active participation and engagement of citizens, communities and marginalized group in poverty alleviation by promoting human rights and good governance, sustainable development, empowerment for social justice, and climate change.
API operates at both grassroots and national level (urban and rural) focusing in the neediest communities and marginalized groups in Tanzania. Currently it has its head office located in Dar Es Salaam Tanzania.
Having institutions in Tanzania that make decisions and practices on the bases of improving the standards of living for all people.
To address and amplify the voice of actions for extreme poverty alleviation through action research, advocacy, capacity development, empowerment and dialogue for the wellbeing of the people.
TO ACHIEVE THIS MISSION, API SHALL STRUGGLE TO ENSURE THAT:
a) It becomes a great opportunity for engagement and participation of marginalized group in the community.
b) It endeavor in transforming and sharing ideas into actions and actions into impact.
c) To becomes a think tank for development agenda
1. Promoting citizens open dialogue to development agenda
2. Advocating for human rights and social justice
3. Awareness rising for inclusive engagement and gender empowerment to eradicate poverty.
4. Capacity development for socio economic by promoting sustainable development goals
5. Empower and strengthen the institutions and human capacity to deliver accountability and transparent to fight poverty Tanzania.
6. Promote equity, inclusion and sustainable use of natural resources.